Sunday, September 18, 2005

Study Group Malarkey

Many of you have asked about participating in Study Groups for your various classes. Midterms for most of the grad classes will take place from the middle to the end of October.

In anticipation of this mid-autumn downer, I am asking for those of you interested in attending several study group sessions (one for each class) to send me the following information:

My e-mail: fselck@hunter.cuny.edu
  • E-mail address along with your name (I can probably guess who diggydrawers@hotmail.com is, but your real name would make it easier)
  • Grad classes that you are currently enrolled in
  • Highest level math course taken (this is in the interest of appointing a facilitator for each group, and in my experience, the math whiz was the best go-to person for everybody)
  • Preferred location to meet (i.e., coffee shop in the immediate environs versus Hunter Library)

The first round of sessions will take place the first week of October. Also, I'll compile e-mail addresses by class - that way, members can exchange questions/answers when you're not able to make the group.

I'll see to it that a space is reserved, and notifications go out to everybody. Remember, this will only work as well as the number of people involved - the more the merrier.

No comments: