Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Econometrics Update

From Prof. Deb,

Hi folks,

Here is the official word on Finals. If the strike is on Thursday morning, the exam is officially postponed until January 12. Some of you have already indicated Jan. 12 is not good for you. It is not good for me either as I am out of the country. I also do not intend to give (make)more than 2 exams, which is what would be certain if I honored the Jan. 12 date. So, here are some options I'd like your feedback on.

1. Give exam on Dec 22 as scheduled or earlier in the day (which might be easier) if the strike continues. I'm willing to be around most of the day to accommodate multiple times

2. Give "makeup" exam in early February, i.e., after spring classes start.

Please tell me if this works for you. If there is consensus, I'll make further arrangements. If not, we'll all suffer by taking an exam in early February.

Finally, please spread this word by forwarding to any group emails you have. I want to ensure everyone sees this.

Partha

No comments: